Monday, August 6, 2007

Cat vs. Fox

Last night proved to be an interesting evening. It was about 9:30p.m. , all the chores were done for the day and we just settled down to chill out when we heard this gut wrenching screaming from the side yard. It was a familiar sound but normally you hear it from a distance and even at that it gives you shivers. This screaming was so close to the house I had to go and investigate. The yard was in total darkness so I jumped on my John Deere Gator and quickly drove over to the side yard with the head lights on. I found my cat "Mercedes" standing off a fox, they were only about 10 feet apart. The fox was startled and quickly ran off into the woods. I was amazed at my cats calmness, she was not intimidated and didn't even want to come in the house. By her reaction it seemed like a common occurrence, I guess that is why she is 8 years old and still with us.

No comments: