Sunday, April 19, 2009

Camelid Neonatal Seminar

This weekend I attended a Camelid Neonatal Seminar given by Dr Cheryl Dewitt, in Connecticut. I have to say that this was by far the best seminar that I have ever attended, and I have attended many. Every aspect of breeding, reproductive issues, and emergency deliveries were not only discussed in detail but we actually had hands on training in a laboratory setting. We worked with deceased cria in uterine simulators to learn to evaluate abnormal birth presentations and how to correct them when possible or know when to call your vet. The hands on session was just fantastic and it really made you feel that if you were faced with one of these situations on the farm you are well equipped to handle it. For anyone raising Alpacas or Llamas I would highly recommend this seminar.

No comments: