Friday, June 1, 2007

The waiting seems endless!

Yes we are still on cria watch at Golden Touch Farm. We have one more Spring cria due and the waiting does seem endless. Nayla's due date was actually a week ago and here she is still very much pregnant and miserable. She has had two cria previously and each as come within a day or two of their due date so I'm not sure what the hold up is. Maybe she looks at the other three cria running around and figures its a lot easier being pregnant than looking after them when they are racing around the barnyard like grey hounds.
I can sympathize with her though as she is so uncomfortable, she doesn't like any of the other alpacas next to her and she spends most of her day by the water bucket. I give her extra belly hosing as I know how much she loves it. I wish there was something more I could do for her. I like to go out there and sit with her and she cushes by me and gets her neck rubbed or her cheeks scratched. Her and I share a very special relationship as Nayla came to me when she was three days old as a premie (premature born) and I was her mother. We have an incredible bond and I don't like to see her so uncomfortable.

No comments: