Friday, May 4, 2007

Our baby chinchilla has a name!

Well I like to name my animals with a name that suits their personality or look and today our new baby has earned his name, "Houdini" He is less than a week old and he has discovered how to escape from his cage bringing much distress to his mother and me.
Last night I woke up and heard mom a little noisier than usual so I thought something might be going on and sure enough Houdini was on the loose. I promptly returned him to his distressed mother only to find him on the loose again this morning. They are in a special chinchilla cage but I think I'm going to have to move them to another cage until he grows to the point where he can't squeeze through. I have a couple of cats that are great hunters and they won't think twice about giving him a run for his money.

No comments: